One of the last people who have joined the 21st Century. Started this blog to chronologize my journey.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The title of my blog is based on the fact for years, i had just a cell phone. I just make and received calls and took pictures with my cell.
I joined the 21st Century kicking and screaming by purchasing a Samsung Note II. I now use it for everything.With this new phone i now use twitter, search the internet, checking my email, text my family and friends. I am now connected almost 24 hours a day. I think everyone is nowadays.
That is the only part of my life that was left in the 20th Century.
I have an up to date pc (well more like multiple pcs, thanks to an IT Geek hubby :)) TV is HD has all the bells and whistles, high speed internet. and the list goes on and on.
But i refused to leave behind the last of the 20th Century with my old cell phone. I enjoyed not looking down at my phone every 3 seconds to see if i received an email or text.
But in March of this year, I had no choice in the matter. See, my old phone died.....So off i went in search for a replacement phone. Little did i know, the 21st Century Technology would slap me in the face with its hand.
I spoke with the sales person and she showed this smartphone and that and this and that.....at the end of the 2 hours of perusing the GIANT DISPLAY OF WHATNOT'S, i chose Samsang Note II. I chose this as my introduction into the 21st Century because the ease of the device.
Had the salesperson call my cell provider, had the number switched over, chose a data plan, and went on my merry way......Who knew i would end up with a 21st Century headache of "OMG what have i done" type of headache......I missed the 20th century, i miss the fact i could go without checking this and that every 3 seconds. But I can not go back to the 20th Century now or ever......
The very first app i installed on my cell was GOGGLE....had to check my emails, while i was sitting the parking lot of the store. I never made it to my house to started the process of installing of apps, i had to install just one, just one, the 21st Century was laughing her butt off at me, as i sat in my Jeep looking through all the FREE apps available through GOOGLE Play store......I swore i heard her say" I finally got her, yep she is hooked and she will NEVER EVER be able to break free"
It is now July 17th, and i have NOT stopped installing apps.....
UPDATE" July 26 still installing apps on my 21st century device :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment