Sunday, September 1, 2013

In the 21st Century: Thinking back on one of my world travels.



I have had the luxury of traveling to other countries,some centuries behind the western world and some ahead the western world. In my travels I went with a group of friends, great friends, great friends that love my sense of humor. Friends that love my love of pranks played on them by me ( insert evil laughing).

Spain and a Bidet
 

 In my group, there was 6 girlfriends, we had to split into 3 rooms. In my room, my roommate had no idea what a bidet was. I did not explain what it was until after her actions with it. She thought it was a really low water fountain. She exclaimed " They really do care for short people, look how low the water fountain is"
(she stands 5'8") and she proceed to take a drink from it. I waited and almost died from holding in my laughter.....I could not stand straight, I fell to the bathroom floor in a crumbled pile of hysterical giggling, almost wetting myself while giggling. When I explained what she drank from, she cried.. Not a whimper but a a cry that made me sad from allowing her to do that, but none the less I let my evilness take over...I am such a great friend, aren't I?
In the adjoining room to mine, they too did not know what a bidet was, they thought it was for washing their clothes......OMG! They heard my roommate crying after they washed the clothes they had on and asked why she was crying, I explained  what had happened and they yelled at me for allowing her to do that.......:)  I asked them if they knew what it was and they both clammed up, nothing, nada, so I knew they had done something that was not in the designs for a bidet use.. Later one informed me what they had done with their bidet. Seriously, I am the only blond in the group I knew and they didn't...Yes you can insert a blond joke here....LOL In the third room, they witnessed all the shenanigans and decided not to use the bidet in any way, form or fashion....Ahhhh, the smart ones!

How did I know about a bidet, as I child while traveling with my parents, I did the grown-up thing, I asked BEFORE I did anything with a bidet......:)

No comments: