
On Saturday Morning, I loaded the last of the laundry for the week into my 9 year old dryer, i set it and forgot it until the buzz sound alerted me the drying process was complete, but alas, that was NOT the case....... The belt broke......The clothes were wrinkled but dry, had to pull out the iron and board to DE-wrinkle the clothes, another ancient device to chain you to laundry.....
I could not find the belt, the idler pulley in my local home improvement stores, online was the only recourse i had. I order what i needed, $44.00 is more affordable then a new dryer at $500.00.
Side not: Thank you , 21st Century for the ever expanding uses of online services. :)
But as i iron my wrinkled clothes,shaking my head, holding a wrinkled shirt, thinking out loud "should we not have self cleaning clothes by now??????"
Why, in the 21st Century are clothes are not self cleaning? Why hasn't Science/Technology come up with a solution?
Is it because the laundry institutions have lobbyists at WASHINGton, D.C? (pun intended)
Are they keeping technology from inventing a self cleaning materiel for us to wear?
Are the Laundry Lobbyists so afraid that no one will purchase laundry units anymore or use laundry detergents?
Are the dry cleaners involved with this as well?
Are Laundromats involved as well?
How far does this go?
Yes, I am grateful, that the washers and dryers of our time are automated VS. the manual and deadly machines of the past.
I believe at this point in this century, we should have materials that are self cleaning and self deodorizing clothing.
Star Trek (never saw a laundry room on a star ship or space station in any episode) had the technology why not us, come on NASA, MIT, maybe even the average Joe geek. help us out, disregard the laundry lobbyists ( if they do exists) invent the material for the human race. :)
Speaking of another ancient device, Iron and Board.....I will use it when needed.
Not a fan of the iron, had a HOT iron fall on my leg as a child, have the burn scar to prove how dangerous a hot iron is.
I hope the washer doesn't get any idea of dying any time soon, it is only 8 years old....
No comments:
Post a Comment